Aim: To isolate micro-organisms from the GCF, Serum and saliva in patients with oral malignancy with or without Chronic periodontitis. To detect virus from the serum, saliva and GCF in patients with Chronic periodontitis with and without smoking. To evaluate ROM levels from the GCF, saliva and Serum with oral malignancy with and without smoking and Chronic periodontitis.
• To Compare the relation between Chronic Periodontitis with Oral carcinoma
• To compare the relation between Chronic periodontitis without Oral carcinoma
• To compare the relation between Chrionic periodontitis with Smoking
• To compare the relation between Chronic Periodontitis without smoking
• To correlate the relation between Oral carcinoma with smoking
• To correlate the relation between Oral carcinoma without smoking
Materials and Methods
25 patients had been selected for each group and samples were obtained respectively. A single dentist was assigned to collect samples to maintain standards. Patients were in the aged between 30 to 55 years and were obtained from the Department of Periodontics, Thai Moogambigai Dental College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India and Oral cancer patients were taken from MM Hospital Namakkal, and Cancer Institute, Chennai, TATA Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.